Transfer my windows Xp to new computer RRS feed

• Question

• I bought new computer and would like to install my Genuine win xp to new computer and format my old one. the website not accept validation cuz already registered. so what should i do ? i want to delete windows on old computer and use it on new one.

Thursday, August 31, 2006 3:53 PM

Answers

• Boss7

Generally speaking, if your computer came with windows preloaded, and it's a big company (Dell, Gateway, HP, etc) No you can't put that version of windows on a new comptuer because of licensing requirements, if you bought Windows seperately, yes you can migrate it over. 

Friday, September 1, 2006 12:56 PM

All replies

• Boss7,

Regarding the XP that is on the old computer now, did that come preinstalled by the computer manufacturer on the old computer or was it purchased by you in a pretty retail box and installed by you?

Thursday, August 31, 2006 5:30 PM
  • Boss7

Generally speaking, if your computer came with windows preloaded, and it's a big company (Dell, Gateway, HP, etc) No you can't put that version of windows on a new comptuer because of licensing requirements, if you bought Windows seperately, yes you can migrate it over. 

Friday, September 1, 2006 12:56 PM