locked
Can't download attachments using the MS CRM 2011 Outlook client RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I am trying to Open/Save Attachment (from Notes in Meeting Entity) in MS CRM 2011 for Outlook Client. Once I click on attachement nothing happen.

    Both CRM Server (On-Premise) and Outlook client are UR13. Its ADFS deployment.

    ----------------------------

    I've tried solution here: https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fc222e9a-f426-4c1b-adaa-84c0923576f4/cant-download-attachments-using-the-ms-crm-2013-outlook-client?forum=crm

    But didn't helped.

    ----------------------------

    From log files I can't get any answer:

    I can download file using direct link in web browser. Also there isn't problem when downloading from CRM web app. 

    [2015-03-19 16:20:11.788] Process:Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.WebFormsHost |Organization:00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Thread:    1 |Category: Shared |User: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Level: Verbose |ReqId:  | ExceptionFilter.TryFilterAllCatch  ilOffset = 0xF
    	at ExceptionFilter.TryFilterAllCatch(Action body, Action`1 filter)  ilOffset = 0xF
    	at WebBrowserForm.BeforeNavigate(Object sender, DWebBrowserEvents2_BeforeNavigate2Event e)  ilOffset = 0x50
    	at AxWebBrowser.RaiseOnBeforeNavigate2(Object sender, DWebBrowserEvents2_BeforeNavigate2Event eventArgs)  ilOffset = 0x15
    	at AxWebBrowserEventMulticaster.BeforeNavigate2(Object pDisp, Object& uRL, Object& flags, Object& targetFrameName, Object& postData, Object& headers, Boolean& cancel)  ilOffset = 0x29
    	at RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)  ilOffset = 0xFFFFFFFF
    	at RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)  ilOffset = 0x17
    	at RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)  ilOffset = 0x89
    	at UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)  ilOffset = 0xFFFFFFFF
    	at ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)  ilOffset = 0x235
    	at ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)  ilOffset = 0x1DE
    	at ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)  ilOffset = 0x13
    	at Application.Run(Form mainForm)  ilOffset = 0x11
    	at Program.Main(String[] args)  ilOffset = 0xF0
    >Before Navigation for Site https://crm11.test.cz/PCSTEST/Activities/Attachment/download.aspx?AttachmentType=5&AttachmentId={1CFBD641-0BC7-E411-AC5E-005056A10023}&IsNotesTabAttachment=1 Resetting timer







    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 9:01 AM

Answers

  • Hi Nemath,

    I've found solution on Microsoft Partner Network forum (by Hua Chen):

    ------------------

    I did some test, when I go to Internet Explorer >> Internet options >> Advanced tab >> scroll to the bottom >> uncheck box ‘Enable native XMLHTTP support’,

    I found the issue happen.

    1. So, could you try to clear your IE and reset IE settings to their default condition.

    This could be done by going to Internet Options->Advanced->Restore advanced settings.

    2. Another solution is that you could upgrade you CRM into CRM 2011 UR18.

    ------------------

    Clear IE settings helped me.

    Best regards,

    Lubo


    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 8:21 PM

All replies

  • where are your attachemnets stored? sharepoint? blob?

    gruss Daniel Ovadia MBSS - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MCNPS

    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 12:05 PM
  • Thx for response Daniel.

    Attachements are stored directly in CRM DB (in Annotation table).

    I have also tried fiddler. And it looks response was OK (200). I think its problem with CRM for outlook client.


    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 12:35 PM
  • Hi Lubo,

    I have an exact same error message come up for some users. Attachment download is working ok from CRM web client but not frm CRM outlook client. Did you ever manage to fix this issue? I will really appreciate if you share your solution with us?

    Thanks

    Nemath


    Nemath

    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 9:50 AM
  • Hi Nemath,

    I've found solution on Microsoft Partner Network forum (by Hua Chen):

    ------------------

    I did some test, when I go to Internet Explorer >> Internet options >> Advanced tab >> scroll to the bottom >> uncheck box ‘Enable native XMLHTTP support’,

    I found the issue happen.

    1. So, could you try to clear your IE and reset IE settings to their default condition.

    This could be done by going to Internet Options->Advanced->Restore advanced settings.

    2. Another solution is that you could upgrade you CRM into CRM 2011 UR18.

    ------------------

    Clear IE settings helped me.

    Best regards,

    Lubo


    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 8:21 PM