Disabling CRM user in multi-tennant (enterprise CRM) causes removal from AD ReportingGroup even if user still enabled in different organization RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, we have found a possible issue with the way CRM 4.0 manages adding and removing users from the AD ReportingGroup in an multi tennant deployment.

CRM 4.0, Rollup 12, Enterprise license key.

Take the scenario, Bob is as user in Org A and Org B on a CRM Enterprise deployment.

Bob is disabled as a user in Org A (by opening the user record in CRM, and choosing more options, disable).

Bob can no longer log into Org A. Correct.

Bob can still log into Org B. Correct

Bob can NO LONGER access Dynamics Pivot tables that use the filtered views of CRM in Org B.

The reason being that when Bob is disabled in Org A, CRM removed him from the AD group's ReportingGroup and UserGroup.

Maybe I am missing something, but this seems like an oversight.

If I then disable Bob in Org B, and then Re-enable him on Org B, his access to the AD ReportingGroup is fixed, and he can again use the filteredviews and Dynamic Pivot.

Appologies if this question has been asked before, but I cannot find much information on this.

It seems like a possible defect, that when disabling a user CRM should check if they are active in any organizations before removing the user from the AD groups.

Any ideas appreciated.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:22 AM

All replies

• have you installed roll up 7 with 12?

Sudhanshu

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:57 AM
  • I believe this installation went straight to Rollup 12 on the server side.

Rollup 7 was not installed on the server since it is not a pre-req.

As I understand you only need to go to Rollup 7 first for Outlook client and Data migration manager.

thanks

Sunday, October 3, 2010 11:05 PM