MCSE / MCSA expiration and recertification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

from what I know the MCSA certification does not expire, but MCSE does (every 2-3 years a recertification is required).

So let's asume I get the MCSA Server 2012, after that I get the MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012.

Now I don't attent for a recertification the next 5-8 years.

What can I do now to get MCSE back? What exams are required? Can I still use the "upgrade path" from my old MCSA
    or do I need a "matching" MCSA (for example when I want to attend MCSE Server Infrastructure 2020)?

Thank you!

• Edited by _Thomas Saturday, May 24, 2014 6:40 AM
    Saturday, May 24, 2014 6:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

MCSA does not require recertification, MCSE will require recertification as you already asumed

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/certification-overview.aspx:

Q.
    What is the recertification requirement?

A.

In order to ensure that our certifications are meaningful and valuable indicators of candidates’ skills, Microsoft has implemented a recertification requirement for the MCSE and MCSD certifications. MCSE candidates will be required to recertify every three years, while MCSD candidates will recertify every two years. Initially, recertification requires passing one or two exams. Microsoft is exploring other recertification options and will announce those options as appropriate.

MCSA certifications do not require recertification

For now non of the MCSE certifications require recertification yet, and it is not yet clear if recertification will take place by one recertification exam or by passing all required exams as explained in the textt above. Time will tell how Microsoft will provide recertification.

Danny van Dam

MVP, MCC

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:17 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

MCSA does not require recertification, MCSE will require recertification as you already asumed

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/certification-overview.aspx:

Q.
    What is the recertification requirement?

A.

In order to ensure that our certifications are meaningful and valuable indicators of candidates’ skills, Microsoft has implemented a recertification requirement for the MCSE and MCSD certifications. MCSE candidates will be required to recertify every three years, while MCSD candidates will recertify every two years. Initially, recertification requires passing one or two exams. Microsoft is exploring other recertification options and will announce those options as appropriate.

MCSA certifications do not require recertification

For now non of the MCSE certifications require recertification yet, and it is not yet clear if recertification will take place by one recertification exam or by passing all required exams as explained in the textt above. Time will tell how Microsoft will provide recertification.

Danny van Dam

MVP, MCC

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:17 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Danny,

I know its bit awkward to ask the same question again from you but actually i am bit confused and i'd like to have your assistance. I passed MCSA Server 2012 in Nov,2013 now my boss wants me to do "Microsoft® Certified Solutions Expert: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure" exams, m i illegible for it b'coz something like this (attached screenshot - certification planner) is coming up and when i click on "Microsoft® Certified Solutions Expert: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure" certification i get this (attached screenshot - 

Is it expired? or how soon it will be?

need you help.

Thanks

Siddharth

Friday, April 14, 2017 8:01 AM