Bug in the Destination URL Field RRS feed

• General discussion

• In my Amazing Smoothies campaign, I have 6 ad groups.  Each ad group has 2 or 3 ads.  Each ad should be independent from the other, but some how some of my destination URL fields must be pointing to the same field in the AdCenter Database.  If I go into one ad group and make a change to the Destination URL, that change is also made in other ad groups as well.  Luckily for me I have just updated all of them to be {param1} in this campaign, however this would be a very nasty bug that you don't know you even have unless every time you make a change you walk through all the ads checking for unwanted changes.

Thanks,

Smile dave

Monday, June 18, 2007 2:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - I will check with Support to see if they're aware of this. I will keep you posted.

Thanks!

Carolyn

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 5:36 PM
  • I did send in a issue for this from the website a while ago as well. 

Thanks for following up,

Smile dave 

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 2:08 AM
  • Hi Dave,

Turns out that this is by design. Ads that are identical under the same Campaign within multiple Ad Groups have the same Ad ID. Therefore, changes to 1 ad copy will be copied over to the other ads.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Carolyn

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 5:55 PM
  • Howdy Carolyn,

oh, well that is good to know but it might be something you add a flag or something to AdCenter which tells you that you also just updated ads x,y, and z.  Otherwise, how to you know what you are updating since only one ad for one campaign is displayed at a time?  I am not so sure this is a good design.  I could see how it could work as a benefit if you wanted to bulge change ads, but then maybe that should be a separate bulk ad change tool rather than some code working in the background that we don't even know that it did something.

Thanks,

Smile dave.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 2:35 PM