none
Windows Update Agent could not find required information in the update's XML data. 0x8024200D RRS feed

• Question

• I have had this and other problems with Windows 10 (All versions) since July 2017. I have gone through three computers, so this problem is unrelated to hardware. This problem is caused by Windows 10 compulsory UPDATE program which has more bugs than a roach hotel.

Here are some of the results from Restart or Boot up from Power off:

> A black screen with cursor arrow visible

> A black screen that responds to user inputs - namely user can type Windows pin, and Windows will display a nonfunctional desktop. None of the apps will do anything but appear in the PEEK view on the taskbar.  Their windows will NOT maximize. Their windows are severely limited as to user inputs. Keyboard commands simply don't work as expected.  This goofball Windows can sometimes be cured by putting Computer to sleep, and sometimes (but not always) the familiar logon screen will appear.

This fatal Windows fault has exasperated me since July and has caused 200 hours where my computer is simply nonfunctional. It prooves that Windows 10 is Microsoft's worst operating system to date. The compulsory UPGRADE program is the heart of the problem. The following image will show a double print screen which leads me to believe that Microsoft has developed a bad case of split personality. The screen on the left is function, but in some instances users get the screen on the right which is nonfunctional. I am at my wits end with this ongoing problem.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 7:12 PM

Answers

• You have asked in the wrong forum. This forum is for questions and discussions about the TechNet Wiki. I believe you should ask your question in a Microsoft Answers/Community forum dedicated to Windows 10 update and recovery issues, such as this one:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update

Search for similar questions, or click on "Participate" and select "Ask a Question". The Answers/Community forums are on a different platform, so we cannot move this question there. You will need to ask your question again. Sorry.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Friday, November 17, 2017 7:26 PM