Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again. - every time i try to add a site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

Every time I try to use the webmaster tools to add a site i get the following message "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again."
    I have tried using Vista with IE7 and Firefox 2, i have purged all my cookies cleared cache rebooted etc, but i still keep getting this issue

Also i can't see any other posts on here, are there any others? or are they hidden or am i just special
    Friday, November 16, 2007 10:14 PM

Answers

• We corrected a server problem that was causing this error. You should not experience this again.

Thanks

Jeremiah

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 2:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Nigelt,

Why dont you use mozilla or any other browser to setup your webmaster account.

I'm using firfox and it working.

Regards,
    Ramesh
    Saturday, November 17, 2007 1:19 PM
  • same here, can't get in. It tells me to try later but when I do same deal

I know others are getting in, what's keeping me out?? Sad

Mike

Saturday, November 17, 2007 3:36 PM
  • This issue is a bug we are currently tracking and investigating. We believe the issue is being caused by the datastore used by the webmaster tools - periodically it is failing to retrieve certain user's profile information. Currently this issue is only affecting a small percentage of our users. I will post again when we have identified or resolved the issue. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    nate

Monday, November 19, 2007 12:04 AM
  • Thanks for the update Nate, i look forward to trying these tools out
    Monday, November 19, 2007 4:17 AM
  • No issues with Firefox.
    Monday, November 19, 2007 7:02 AM
  •  

I found that it also not work even i am using firefox.

Please help.

Thanks

Alan

Monday, November 19, 2007 7:54 AM
  • in my case firefox 2 work find, by the way i tried with ie 6 about 5 days, and with firefox works on first trial, i'm using, windows xp. hope this is useful.
    Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:10 PM
  • Thanks all but the issue is still happening with both IE and firefox, judging from what Nathan said earlier in this thread, changing the browser shouldn't have an effect if the issue is server side, if it's working in FF but not IE, have you tried purging your cache and cookies for the windows.live domain?
    Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:29 PM
  • Well it is all working fine for me now, I have added 2 sites and verified them successfully using the xml verification file thingie

Thanks
    Wednesday, November 21, 2007 10:24 PM
  • We corrected a server problem that was causing this error. You should not experience this again.

Thanks

Jeremiah

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 2:26 AM