Migrating Contents from SharePoint 2010 teamsite to Dynamics CRM RRS feed

• Question

• We are currently using SharePoint team site to create help desk tickets. We are going to use Dynamics CRM for case management. The requirement to migrate the tickets along with attachments to Dynamics CRM i.e. create case for each ticket and then move the attachments under notes. What will be the best way to do it? Do we have any tool available we can use. I can write an console app or probably use Data Import. Any thoughts??

Syed F Anis

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 12:00 PM

All replies

• The best solution would be to use Scribe to map and import the data into CRM.  it is a robust application but the down side is that you need to purchase it.  But you should be able to set up a trial that you can use to do a poc with before making the final decision.

Jason Peterson

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 3:18 PM
  • Thanks Jason! Can we import attachments using Scribe? How about SSIS? Please advise.

Syed F Anis

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 1:32 PM
  • Hi Syed,

1st Option

In 1st option you need to made some changes in your data and made your data in importable form for CRM

1. Create an annotation.csv having the following columns: Title,Description,File Name,Document,Mime Type,Regarding

2. In the same spot where you saved the csv file, create a folder and copy all your attachments to this folder

3. Select the csv file and attachments folder, right click -> send to -> zip folder

4. Click on the import data button on the tool bar and perform the usual steps for importing data by selecting the new zip folder (not the csv file or the folder with files)

Notes:

1. Only the files that are not restricted by CRM will be imported. You can check the file attachment restriction by going into system settings area.
    2. Make sure the name of the file in folder matches the file name column of csv file

2nd option

As a developer I preferred this option. :)

Create a console application that will fetch all the records from SharePoint and send them into CRM.

I hope this helps. If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful.
    Mubasher Sharif
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mubashersharif.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow me on Twitter!

Thursday, May 22, 2014 10:55 AM
  • Thanks Mubasher! I would like the tickets (cases) along with attachments to be migrated to CRM at the same time. I am assuming I will need separate .CSV file.. one for importing tickets to Cases and one for attachments.. right?

Syed F Anis

Saturday, May 24, 2014 2:02 PM