none
Free memory from third party library RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my my application I am using a third party library. The third party library is leaking some memory. Because of this the memory usage of my application is keep on increasing and its crashed at end.

The third party library is not providing a way to free the memory. Also the third party library is statically linked with the project.

So need to know, is there any advanced way of freeing the memory of the library. I know its not possible. But just want to check with the forum, if there is some way introduced. Because it can be a common problem. Many time we are using 3rd party, and because of the 3rd party memory leak the main application in trouble.

Thanks  

• Moved by Baron Bi Monday, July 17, 2017 6:09 AM Third party library
    Saturday, July 15, 2017 4:15 AM

All replies

• Have you tried to contact the author of the third party library? 
    Saturday, July 15, 2017 7:36 AM
  • Hi LokanathNayak,

thanks for posting here.

This forum is about c++ development with Microsoft products. For your case which is related to third-party library, I will move it to off-topic forum.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Sera Yu

MSDN Community Support<br/> Please remember to click &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click &quot;Unmark as Answer&quot; if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact <a href="mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com">MSDNFSF@microsoft.com</a>.

Monday, July 17, 2017 2:54 AM