none
Error message when converting a Lead CRM 4.0

Question

• When converting a Lead i have started to get the error message:

'Assignee has Insufficient privileges'

Interestingly,  the actual conversion works.

I can confirm that i have check permissions as you would and they seem fine.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 1:50 PM

Answers

• What are you converting the lead to? It could be because you do not have enough privileges on the record type to which you are qualifying the lead to.

For example, if you qualify a lead to an account you need to make sure the user has the required privileges on account. Even if you are the system administrator you need to make sure that the owner of the record is the one with enough privileges

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 3:49 PM
  • Hi David,

If it is working fine from System Administrator then i would suggest you to review the User Security Role and Permissions and check that the users (who qualified Lead into Account, Contact and Opportunity) should have minimum the following priovileges:

Create, Append, Append To privilege for Account, Contact, Opportunity and Lead

* If they are qualiying their own leads then should have User level (Yellow Circle)priveleges if anyone leads then should have Organization level priveleges (Green Circle)

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".

• Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, July 15, 2011 4:54 PM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Make sure that there is no plugin running on the Lead entity SetStateRequest message etc.. and also try converting with System Administrator user.

Jehanzeb Javeed

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 2:15 PM
  • Thanks Jehanzeb.

I've tried converting a Lead as System Administrator with no problems. I don't know of any plug ins running against the Lead entity.

This problem has just started and the system has been in place for over a year.

I'm not sure what could be causing it.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 3:31 PM
  • What are you converting the lead to? It could be because you do not have enough privileges on the record type to which you are qualifying the lead to.

For example, if you qualify a lead to an account you need to make sure the user has the required privileges on account. Even if you are the system administrator you need to make sure that the owner of the record is the one with enough privileges

Gonzalo | gonzaloruizcrm.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 3:49 PM
  • Hi David,

If it is working fine from System Administrator then i would suggest you to review the User Security Role and Permissions and check that the users (who qualified Lead into Account, Contact and Opportunity) should have minimum the following priovileges:

Create, Append, Append To privilege for Account, Contact, Opportunity and Lead

* If they are qualiying their own leads then should have User level (Yellow Circle)priveleges if anyone leads then should have Organization level priveleges (Green Circle)

Jehanzeb Javeed

• Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, July 15, 2011 4:54 PM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:32 PM
  • Hello,

We are having the same problem - when trying to qualify leads, our sales people are getting an error message that states they do not have sufficient permission to view the records or perform the specific action.  We have them set so they can create, read, write, delete, apend and apend to their own accounts, contacts, leads and opportunities.  Are their any other permissions required in order to perform this action?

Nat B

Friday, July 15, 2011 4:28 PM
  • Hello,

Figured this out - additional permissions needed in order to successfully qualify a lead are read access to Attribute Map, Customizations, Entity and Entity Map on the Customizations tab in the security role.

Nat B.

Monday, July 25, 2011 8:02 PM