Maxtor Shard Storage RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Maxtor Shared Storage (attached to my network (nas)). It is 500 GB. How do  I add that to my WHS   drives. I can add usb drives but am unclear how to add this type of storage. Can you help?

Best,

steven

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 7:41 PM

Answers

• I don't think adding NAS is supported, the OS wants to have direct control over the hard disks, not over the network.
    Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:56 PM
  • NAS devices typically can't be added to WHS. As the other poster said, WHS needs to be able to have full control over the physical drive, and it can't get that through a network connection. If the device supports direct connection to a computer through USB or Firewire, then it's a different story.
    Wednesday, June 27, 2007 9:26 PM

All replies

• I don't think adding NAS is supported, the OS wants to have direct control over the hard disks, not over the network.
    Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:56 PM
  • NAS devices typically can't be added to WHS. As the other poster said, WHS needs to be able to have full control over the physical drive, and it can't get that through a network connection. If the device supports direct connection to a computer through USB or Firewire, then it's a different story.
    Wednesday, June 27, 2007 9:26 PM