Renew Issue Not Posting RRS feed

• Question

• Ok I tried for the first time the renew link followed prompts and proccess then I got my e-mail but the software is still saying my subscription expires in 2 months and no signs my renewly was posted other than a e-mail

PS SOME ONE TURN OFF THE DANG ALERT i RENEWED NOW SHUT UP ONECARE AND GO BACK TO GREEN

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 5:23 PM

Answers

• Hello Mikro, it can take 24-48 hours for your subscription status to update on your desktop.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 5:45 PM

All replies

• Hello Mikro, it can take 24-48 hours for your subscription status to update on your desktop.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 5:45 PM
  •  JimR1 wrote:

Hello Mikro, it can take 24-48 hours for your subscription status to update on your desktop.

Here's the funny thing if I went out bought a onecare with new pin it would of been Imediately updated

that's What I find funny Pin vs direct creditcard renawl

creditcard takes 24/48hrs

PIN is Imediate

That's What I find funny

Also I hit ok Microsoft Imediately took 49.95 from my checking

But you and the info the posting proccess takes 24 to 48hrs

Mean While I stare at an annoying yellow Alert icon till it does post

I never did care for this electronic automated renewal Proccess

Direct credit card renawals are to slow

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 6:18 PM
  • The reason is simple, the Billing systems and the back-end OneCare operations servers are entirely separate systems, probably contained in entirely different hosting locations. The reason for this is simple, the Billing systems require a different level of security and contain a completely different type of data than most others.

It's likely that the updates from the Billing systems to OneCare occur as a batch process run at times when both systems have less operational overhead, so this may only occur once a day.

In truth, there should be no real difference shown by OneCare when using a PIN, since these are also entered into the billing system. In fact, I believe I recall such a delay when I did this myself earlier this year. I do know that at least some parts of the Billing system didn't display the 'new' expiration date until after the previous subscription had expired, since that's how the system is designed to work.

Tieing the Billing system directly into every operational system such as OneCare would be highly complex and actually dangerous to your personal credit card and other data, so personally I'm glad they've kept these systems separate.

OneCareBear

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 7:51 PM
  • Yes, the renewal with a PIN or a credit card is the same.

It can take up to 24 hours for the subscription status to be updated in OneCare if you are renewing within 30 days of expiration and 5 days if renewal was performed between 90 and 30 days before expiration.

The bold section seems appropriate here as Mikro states that his subscription is not due for renewal for 2 months. I guess I'm bothered by the fact that he's getting warnings/alerts about the expiration that is 2 months out. I seem to recall an occasional reminder "alert" that can be cleared and ignored, but it sounds like Mikro is getting this frequently.

-steve

Thursday, October 2, 2008 2:37 PM
  •  

Hey Guys It's been more than 48hrs and after renew proccess the renew now won't go away
    Sunday, October 5, 2008 4:46 AM
  • Mikro,

I missed your statement about the two months remaining on your subscription that Steve also mentioned in his post. Like Steve I'm thinking this wasn't normal, so your subscription may just be indicating incorrect status on the PC. If the date at online Billing appears correct, I think you have to assume there really is a problem at the PC, so check all the usual things like Time/Date set correctly, etc.

Otherwise, up to you if you go to Support or try to work it out on your own. I think I'd personally go the email support route, since you still have some time left on the actual subscription and the only real problem at present is an annoying yellow condition. But that's up to your preference and how much time you wish to invest.

OneCareBear

Sunday, October 5, 2008 5:52 AM
  • MS Billing wrong too it's like it never applied the transaction I'm starting to think it'll straighten out on dec 21st when it expires it'll apply it  

Monday, October 6, 2008 12:38 AM
  • Renewal takes effect on the date that your current subscription expires and that it can take up to 24 hours for the subscription status to be updated in OneCare if you are renewing within 30 days of expiration and 5 days if renewal was performed between 90 and 30 days before expiration.

However, I'd expect the Billing information to reflect the new date immediately.

-steve

Monday, October 6, 2008 11:00 PM
  • Microsoft Messing with the Billing system My renew got losted some how the system only billed my card 1 dollar they got it though finally  

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 11:44 PM
  • The dollar charge sounds like they weren't able to get the payment authorized - it may have been the bank, the processor, or the Microsoft Billing system. Glad to read that you eventually got it resolved, though.

(posted at 8:33 EDT - checking lag...)

-steve

Thursday, October 16, 2008 12:33 AM