getting access to my former home page back RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running Windows Vista. I got some free software for email and, since it was free I had to use their home page and now I can't even access my original home page which was a search engine. My Question is, What did they do to me and how can I fix it?

Thursday, November 10, 2011 4:04 AM

Answers

• If you're using Internet Explorer, you'd better post this question in the Internet Explorer Answers Forum at the following address

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie

Anyway, you can always set your IE home page bly clicking Tools -> Internet options and choose you home page in the "General" tab of the Internet Properties window; if you're using another browser, see the browser's help to know how you can do that.
    You're not providing enough details about the e-mail program you're using, so I can suggest you to contact the program's manufacturer and ask for support if my answer does not satisfy you.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 2:27 PM
  • from internet explorer >> tools >> internet options  >> set homepage as u like

next time you can always unmark using the defined SE during the software installation

Egyptian discussion forums for news, media, sports, movies and more ....
    Saturday, November 12, 2011 5:13 AM

All replies

• If you're using Internet Explorer, you'd better post this question in the Internet Explorer Answers Forum at the following address

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie

Anyway, you can always set your IE home page bly clicking Tools -> Internet options and choose you home page in the "General" tab of the Internet Properties window; if you're using another browser, see the browser's help to know how you can do that.
    You're not providing enough details about the e-mail program you're using, so I can suggest you to contact the program's manufacturer and ask for support if my answer does not satisfy you.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 2:27 PM
  • Thank you for telling me where to go, but my problem wasn't the fact that the search engine was no longer my home page. The problem was that I can no longer go to that search engine.
    Russell Cockrell
    Friday, November 11, 2011 5:05 PM
  • from internet explorer >> tools >> internet options  >> set homepage as u like

next time you can always unmark using the defined SE during the software installation

Egyptian discussion forums for news, media, sports, movies and more ....
    Saturday, November 12, 2011 5:13 AM