none
Services for WHS11 have been removed from Win10 Pro with last update

Question

• WHS11 Launchpad failed to load at startup on my Win10 Pro desktop PC.    Found that WSS_ComputerBackupProviderSvc,  WSConnectorUpdate and HealthAlertsSvc  Services are missing!  Not just off, but GONE!!!!  Also everything in  Program Files/Windows Server/Bin is gone also!!!  This happened right after taking updates KB4477137 and KB4483234.

Tried reinstalling Connector software but it fails.  Probably because the services are gone. 

I checked my Win10 Pro laptop and it also will not load Launchpad or Dashboard.

So now I can not run Launchpad or Dashboard.  But I can read and write to the folders because the server still shows up under Network in File Explorer.

Why did this happen?

How can I re-install those missing services?

Thanks,

Mark.

Saturday, January 12, 2019 1:30 AM

All replies

• Not sure what’s gone wrong but everything you describe as missing is still there on my systems!

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Saturday, January 12, 2019 1:22 PM
  • You must have an unusual situation - WHS2011 still working fine here also on two desktops and a laptop, all with the latest patches: 1809 (17763.253).

Don

Sunday, January 13, 2019 4:10 PM
  • hi,
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4483234
    from the above website ,there are two know issue symptom
    1“After installing KB4467682, the cluster service may fail to start with the error “2245 (NERR_PasswordTooShort)” if the Group Policy “Minimum Password Length” is configured with greater than 14 characters.” do you have this password policy on win10 local policy or WHS11 domain policy?
    2 "After you install the August Preview of Quality Rollup or September 11, 2018 .NET Framework update, instantiation of SqlConnection can throw an exception. For more information about this issue, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    4470809 SqlConnection instantiation exception on .NET 4.6 and later after August-September 2018 .NET Framework updates."
    do you have sql related app install on your win10 or WHS11?
    3 if you do not have above two condition, we can try to
      3.1uninstall patches KB4477137 and KB4483234 ,
      3.2uninstall the framework ,uninstall connector,
      3.3download wushowhide.diagcab from below website and install it on your win10.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-window
      3.4 restart win10 and using wushowhide to hide patches KB4477137 and KB4483234 ,reinstall connector and framework ,then look if problem persist.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2:26 AM
  • Is there anything to help you?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 6:16 AM