Caught in limbo renewing... RRS feed

• Question

• Here's my problem. I got msg saying my subscription was expiring and I needed to take action on my online subscription with 3 computers on it. Found info I needed to go in, and I renewed 3 computers with product key from store bought subscription. It appeared One Care accepted the info because subscription status was updated to "Your Subscription Ends 04/27/2010", however today One Care turned to red, with a suspended note, saying I need to renew. I used the product key to renew (earlier) and that was when subscription status was updated...so why was I suspended for not renewing and am allowed another opportunity to renew? It appears it knows I renewed with product key, but has suspended my subscription anyway. I've tried "everything" to find email support or something....short of calling India ( I'd rather get rid of this MS stuff and start with a new Apple instead) I'd like to get this fixed. Yes I am seriously considering an Apple...this is the kind of stuff that "commercials" are made of....lots of frustration!!!! ...TJ

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 5:52 PM

Answers

• After you renewed, did your subscription status reflect the new renewal date? It normally takes up to 24 hours to reflect the new date, however, if the renewal was performed between 30 and 90 days before expiration, it can take up to 5 days to reflect the new date in OneCare.

However, your post contains a clue... If, after renewal with the key, your subscription is now good through 2010, that would lead me to believe that your subscription was actually not due to expire until *next year* on 4/27/09 and you've extended that for a year. That may be because the date and time on the PC was incorrect. Check your actual status online at the Billing site linked below.

If your subscription to OneCare shows expired in OneCare

• Check your PC date and time. (If it is incorrect, fix it and reboot)
    • Check your subscription status by logging in with your subscription LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com
    • Confirm that this is the same LiveID shown to be the Subscription ID in OneCare - Help/About…
    • Open OneCare and click "Check for Updates" to have OneCare check for updated credentials

If your subscription is correctly shown at the Billing site, but incorrect in OneCare and your PC date and time are correct, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 6:35 PM