CRM 2013: Quick Find Search within custom views not working RRS feed

• Question

• hello forum

if i am searching in a custom or personal view, the quick find searches over all views within that entity, so it's based on the quick find view. is it possible to change this? otherwise searching in a view is not possible, right?

thanks a lot!

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:19 PM

Answers

• Searching using the Quick Find will return your results in the Quick Find View, whether you are searching from a standard, custom or personal view. The search is performed against all entity records, and filters are being applied on the view. By default the Quick Find View has a filter on Status is Active. 

What you are looking for is, if I understand correctly, a return of a sub-set of the already-filtered data in the custom view you are starting from, based on the searched keywords. There is no easy way to achieve that, as it's not really meant to work that way. You would need to have a Quick Find View associated to each standard, custom and personal view, which is not the case.

As a work-around, IF only one entity view is relevant for the users, you could apply the same filters in that view, and in the Quick Find View. This way, the filters are applied identically, and the Quick Find View would return then just a sub-set of that particular view. 

Beware though, if you are using multiple views with various filters, the results will be unexpected.

• Marked as answer by CRMBE Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:26 PM
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:41 PM

All replies

• Searching using the Quick Find will return your results in the Quick Find View, whether you are searching from a standard, custom or personal view. The search is performed against all entity records, and filters are being applied on the view. By default the Quick Find View has a filter on Status is Active. 

What you are looking for is, if I understand correctly, a return of a sub-set of the already-filtered data in the custom view you are starting from, based on the searched keywords. There is no easy way to achieve that, as it's not really meant to work that way. You would need to have a Quick Find View associated to each standard, custom and personal view, which is not the case.

As a work-around, IF only one entity view is relevant for the users, you could apply the same filters in that view, and in the Quick Find View. This way, the filters are applied identically, and the Quick Find View would return then just a sub-set of that particular view. 

Beware though, if you are using multiple views with various filters, the results will be unexpected.

• Marked as answer by CRMBE Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:26 PM
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:41 PM
  • Thanks for your detailed answer! Thought it, but I think this is a feature which MS should implement...
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:26 PM