Problem in completing Onecare installation/Internet connect not working RRS feed

• Question

• I had been trying to install the Onecare in my notebook several times over the last six months or so and it always comes up with the following error situation. Briefly it has gone like this for the last few times:

I have uninstalled Onecare, ran the cleanup and at the tail end of reinstallation, it would do the restart of windows and then the trouble starts. The Vista desktop comes up with the Onecare window. Red Action to Take  and URGENT flags are displayed with the message "Connect to finish Installation. Onecare needs to connect to the internet to finish the installation. Check for the PC's connection and try again".It displays the Retry button also.

I click on the Internet Explorer. It connects. Irrespective of One care's problem I have always connected to the Internet.

I click on the Retry button in Onecare. The following popup comes up.

"Cannot Complete Installaion. Oncare cannot complete the installaion at this time because of a problem connecting to the service. Please checkyour internet connection wait a while try again, If the problem persists contact support.

After trying this every time I get on to my machine, I have had enough. I am about to give up and buy NORTON. For the last time is there anyone out there who could help me on this. Briefly my set up.

Windows vista home premium service pack 1

Windows Live Onecare version 2.0.2500.22

ACER ASPIRE 3300  Notebook

Thanks.

James

Monday, December 1, 2008 12:02 AM

Answers