sisters messy PC RRS feed

• Question

• i'm trying to sort out the mess that is my sisters PC have a product recovery CD-ROM fromQtech whom i assume built the PC but it errors out when i try to reinstall windows on it. she has let her kids loose on it and its a mess, just want to start from scratch really, but no other CD. please help.

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0095.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Online Validation Code: N/A
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-VPRFD-3Q8VF-78YXB
    Windows Product Key Hash: SQ7V+2Kj9l9J6bdvl0oiIYpBiKE=
    Windows Product ID: 76477-OEM-2111907-00244
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    ID: {39FE0662-B875-455A-B423-8F078286BD43}(1)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.532.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1_70AFE6BE-1223-800401f3_70AFE6BE-116-800401f3_63BB5E84-433-800401f3_E2AD56EA-235-800401f3_16E0B333-156-800401f3_70AFE6BE-1223-800401f3_70AFE6BE-116-800401f3_63BB5E84-433-800401f3_E2AD56EA-235-800401f3_16E0B333-89-800401f3_78155E4D-373-800401f3
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x800401f3
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.5.532.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WGATray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-171-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 9:14 PM

Answers

• supercatski,

Please contact Qtech technical support with regard to the end user license agreement for Windows XP and/or the version of Office came bundled with it. It depends on each manufacturer on what comes with the laptop/desktop.

Otherwise please contact Microsoft for any lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246

Lori MS

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 10:05 PM
  • Hello Supercatski,

Curious where are you visiting us from? The best solution is contact Qtech and verify if they manufactured your sister's computer. Next please look everywhere for a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker. Visit http://www.howtotell.com and you will be able to see exactly what I am talking about. Next tell us about the COA what does it say? 

What errors are you receiving? Are you receiving the errors when you attempt a complete reinstallation? Again this would be best addressed by the Qtech if they were the company who build the computer. Did you back up all the files prior attempting to reformat the system? The files wont be there when you reformat.  Work with the tech support team @ Qtech as the errors may be issues with their system etc. Also the actual recovery media may be failed so I would request a new Recovery Media disc from them. 

Hope this helps you with the venture of helping your sister

Take care

Stephen Holm

Forum Volunteer

Thursday, June 19, 2008 9:07 AM

All replies

• supercatski,

Please contact Qtech technical support with regard to the end user license agreement for Windows XP and/or the version of Office came bundled with it. It depends on each manufacturer on what comes with the laptop/desktop.

Otherwise please contact Microsoft for any lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246

Lori MS

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 10:05 PM
  • Hello Supercatski,

Curious where are you visiting us from? The best solution is contact Qtech and verify if they manufactured your sister's computer. Next please look everywhere for a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker. Visit http://www.howtotell.com and you will be able to see exactly what I am talking about. Next tell us about the COA what does it say? 

What errors are you receiving? Are you receiving the errors when you attempt a complete reinstallation? Again this would be best addressed by the Qtech if they were the company who build the computer. Did you back up all the files prior attempting to reformat the system? The files wont be there when you reformat.  Work with the tech support team @ Qtech as the errors may be issues with their system etc. Also the actual recovery media may be failed so I would request a new Recovery Media disc from them. 

Hope this helps you with the venture of helping your sister

Take care

Stephen Holm

Forum Volunteer

Thursday, June 19, 2008 9:07 AM
  • Hi, i'm visiting you from rainy old England, boo,

i got the COA stuck to the side of the tower,is a genuine one, with product key  so thats ok, however;

XP installation disc is missing (second hand PC so maybe she never got it,or lost it)

Qtech recovery disk is badly scratched, and just wont work.

Qtech are not trading anymore, there is a Qtech in australia but they are nothing to do with it, they say.

getting errors like core.DLL missing, something to do with mm_tray and somrthing to do with jukebox, some files wont open, almost like no admin rights, also cant uninstall things, such as norton, which is out of date anyway.

PC wont conect to wireless router(will connect with an ethernet cable thou)

annoyingly, windows update page wont load!! click it, IE page opens, connecting....connecting.... white abyss for hours, left it all night and nothing, yet IE works fine with everything else, even this page

system restore point will only go back about a month, with same probs.

PC is a fair few years old but still she only uses it for ebay etc so seems a shame to have to buy a new one/new OS as this one is genuine.

heard that if i use my friends XP home edition installation disc, and my own COA it will work, is this just pub talk? feel you guys would know.

thanx in advanced for your help.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:40 PM
  • Boo :-).  England is beautiful and have spent some time there. First have you tried contacting Microsoft @

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246 for  any lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware? Explain your situation as you have with us here. 

Next try and burn a copy of the damaged disc then use that burned disc for installing the Operating System. Please keep in mind the End User Licensing Agreement (EULA) regarding the legal situations. Does it work? Next another trick which I have read long ago (but do not know if it works so please do this @ your own risk only)  use a yellow highlight marker and mark the scratches. Next try and burn a disc again and attempt to install Windows from the burned disc after using a yellow highlighter. The highlighter can help fill scratches and allow the install process an attempt. Again I must say I am not for sure if it will work but the disc is already damaged so nothing to loose. Should this not work please destroy the burned discs and toss them. Try this as well as working with the link I provided previously. Should this not work I would visit your friendly computer store and purchase an OEM copy of what version of Windows XP. Then you have the disc as well as the COA and all associated paperwork. 

Sorry we could not offer any other help Sad.  Please let us know the outcome. 

Stephen Holm

WGA Forum Volunteer

Friday, June 20, 2008 8:34 AM