Why genuine Vista go to Black Sreen RRS feed

• Question

• My Vista worked propery in the last one and a half Month. It is a Home Premium Vista(OEM), and was acitvated via internet, which proves to be a geniune one. I also downloaded the program for approving genuiness from Mircosoft website, the result was the same, a genuine copy.

But today morninthe computer went to black sreen. I doubt this might be caused by possible erroer in shuting it down yestoday night.  Hopeless and helpless, I tried to re-install the system with the DVD.  But after choosing the preference and clicking the ´install now´, the computer is stuck, with the screen showing ´ please waiting´. after hours of patience, there is no progress.

Please tell me why and how to fix the problem! I am in a hurry to complete my works!

best regards,
    Thursday, April 3, 2008 6:03 PM

Answers

• Hello Wade,

Are you still trying to re-install Vista and it still shows "Please Wait", if so, then your issue is outside my area of knowledge. This forum is for the support of Vista Activation and Validation issues. If you are having problems re-installing, I would suggest either (if Vista came pre-installed on your computer when you bought it) contacting the builder of the computer, as they would be the primary warranty support provider or go to http://support.microsoft.com for further support options.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, April 3, 2008 7:22 PM