I am trying to install Home Server, but I am having issues with the WD2500JS HDD. RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am trying to install Home Server, but I am having issues with the WD2500JS HDD.

First do you know a fix for this?

Second: I am looking at a Seagate 1Tb, is there any issues with this one?

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 6:47 PM

Answers

• GWward said:

I am trying to install Home Server, but I am having issues with the WD2500JS HDD.

More than likely, the issues are not with the drive, but with the controller. What errors are you receiving? 

Is it a STOP 7B BSOD on install? This is because the drivers for your controller are not inbox for Windows Server 2003 and thus Windows Home Server.

You need to load the drivers at install by pressing F6 and supplying them on a floppy.

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] Windows Home Server Team
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 7:19 PM

All replies

• i am using a Seagate 1tb drive and it works great. 
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 7:15 PM
  • GWward said:

More than likely, the issues are not with the drive, but with the controller. What errors are you receiving? 

Is it a STOP 7B BSOD on install? This is because the drivers for your controller are not inbox for Windows Server 2003 and thus Windows Home Server.

You need to load the drivers at install by pressing F6 and supplying them on a floppy.

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] Windows Home Server Team
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 7:19 PM