OCS 2007 logon error RRS feed

• Question

• I have just finished setting up OCS 2007 R2 standard edition in my environment.  It works ok, but not 100%.  In my environment, the domain name differs from the email address suffix.  so my users have to log in with their domain address (i.e. user@domain.com).  I need to get them to be able to log in with their e-mail address (i.e. user@email.com).  How do I change this?  When I enable the users in Active Directory Users and Computers on the communications tab, the only option under the drop down for sign-in name  is domain.com.  How do I add in the email.com option?

Friday, June 12, 2009 3:43 PM

All replies

• If the users are signing in from domain-joined workstations and are currently logged in as their domain account, OC should not prompt for additional authentication.  But if user's are signing into OC from any other account profile then they will be prompted for credentials.  This happens regardless whether the user's UPN and SIP domains are the same or different.  Having a SIP domain in the same namespace does not automatically sign-in users, authentication still happens.  It's the workstation passing cached credentials that would 'auto-sign-in' to OC.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Friday, June 12, 2009 5:56 PM
  • I am not having issues with auto logon.  I get the errors for Outlook Integration Error and Cannot synchronize address book from the oc client.  I read somewhere that the email address and sip address need to be one in the same for the outlook integration to work properly.  Is this true?  We are running on Exchange 2003.
    Friday, June 12, 2009 6:22 PM
  • I see, you are talking about the additional authentication prompt.  Start your troubleshooting here: http://communicatorteam.com/archive/2008/08/20/316.aspx

Also, it is best practice to use the same domains for SIP and SMTP.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Friday, June 12, 2009 7:16 PM