streaming RRS feed

• Question

• just a quick question over remote access is there anyway to stream movies and music? if not which im guessing no is there anyway to change it so you can get it to stream?
    There are 10 differents kinds of people in the world those who understand binary those who dont
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 6:40 PM

Answers

• There's nothing built in to WHS, no. There are many third party tools that will do what you want, however. Orb, Sage, PVConnect, and the like all come to mind. I think My Movies may be able to do what you want too.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by David 10100111 Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:09 PM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 7:21 PM
  • David The 1337 said:

just a quick question over remote access is there anyway to stream movies and music? if not which im guessing no is there anyway to change it so you can get it to stream?

Do a search for "streaming" in this forum; you'll see lots of discussions & solutions.
    • Marked as answer by David 10100111 Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:46 PM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:40 PM

All replies

• There's nothing built in to WHS, no. There are many third party tools that will do what you want, however. Orb, Sage, PVConnect, and the like all come to mind. I think My Movies may be able to do what you want too.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by David 10100111 Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:09 PM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 7:21 PM
  • Thanks Ken you always answer all my questions :D
    There are 10 differents kinds of people in the world those who understand binary those who dont
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:09 PM
  • also how do you know so much about everything?
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:09 PM
  • David The 1337 said:

just a quick question over remote access is there anyway to stream movies and music? if not which im guessing no is there anyway to change it so you can get it to stream?

Do a search for "streaming" in this forum; you'll see lots of discussions & solutions.
    • Marked as answer by David 10100111 Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:46 PM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:40 PM
  • i've tried jukefly, webguide and simplymedia and for music jukely works the best.  simplymedia uses itunes which on all my pc's uses way too much resources, webguide buffers alot, jukefly uses IE and for me works the best.  i used to use Orb before i had a server and it worked well i'm gonna try it out again for a video option since jukefly doesn't do video.
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:51 PM