MSMoney.exe Trouble Downloading Transactions RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Microsoft Money since 1998 and then 2005 (which is the version I have).

Now suddenly a yellow box with MSMoney.exe pops up when I open it and I have to agree to it changing my hard drive.

The problem is that now I cannot download various transactions without closing Money each time for each one as I wouldn't know which account it was when they all come in.

It also doesn't show up when I click on Download from my bank which was useful as it used to ask me what I wanted to save it as, whereby replacing the one I had previously saved so never accumulated loads of them. Now I will have to delete each one when I finish.

I am really upset with this as it used to take me 10 minutes to download bank accounts but now to do 7 it takes me quite a while.

I uninstalled everything and it has now taken me two days to get back to something that makes sense.

Never had this problem in all these years. Help please someone. 

If no-one can help with this perhaps someone might know if any app or personal finance software will let you do a "cash flow forecast for the year ahead (one that you can put everything in that you are likely to spend i.e. Birthdays, Christmas etc).

Thanks

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 3:51 PM

All replies

• I don't remember anybody posting this symptom before.

Where, on your drive, is your *.mny file? It should not be within your Program Files folder. Within your Documents folder is the common place.

I would consider re-installing Money. Use the link in the second posting in this forum to get the install file.

"It also doesn't show up when I click on Download from my bank which was useful as it used to ask me what I wanted to save it as, whereby replacing the one I had previously saved so never accumulated loads of them. Now I will have to delete each one when I finish."

I did not understand that. Are you using the browser built into MSM to access your bank, or what? Describe your process, and maybe somebody can help with a better solution. In particular, I would set up the Windows Firewall to not allow MSM to access the Internet. Do any bank access with your browser, whether it is Edge, IE, or whatever. If you don't find discussions on how to do that, ask.

You are in the UK, right? You might also mention your bank, and somebody may have some experience with that bank.
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 6:22 PM