PP2 compatability with the WHS toolkit? RRS feed

• Question

• So, instead of assuming that the WHS toolkit will work when a Power Pack is released I thought I'd be proactive and actually ask if there are any compatibility issues between PP2 and the WHS toolkit beyond what's already been discussed here

Does anyone know of any incompatibilities?

WHS OEM, 12 drives ~4.6 TB
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 3:07 AM

Answers

• fieldhouse said:

So, instead of assuming that the WHS toolkit will work when a Power Pack is released I thought I'd be proactive and actually ask if there are any compatibility issues between PP2 and the WHS toolkit beyond what's already been discussed here

What compatibility issues are you referring to?  The only issue is that the Toolkit reports that the Console versions between the server and client don't match (which is a known issue).
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Thursday, March 26, 2009 11:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by fieldhouse Friday, March 27, 2009 5:51 AM
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 3:51 AM

All replies

• fieldhouse said:

So, instead of assuming that the WHS toolkit will work when a Power Pack is released I thought I'd be proactive and actually ask if there are any compatibility issues between PP2 and the WHS toolkit beyond what's already been discussed here

What compatibility issues are you referring to?  The only issue is that the Toolkit reports that the Console versions between the server and client don't match (which is a known issue).
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Thursday, March 26, 2009 11:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by fieldhouse Friday, March 27, 2009 5:51 AM
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 3:51 AM
  • The compatibility issue that I referenced on the other thread was that prior to Toolkit 1.1 being released, features in Toolkit 1.0 were broken by PP1. 

If there aren't any known compat issues, that's fine it just caught me by surprise last time around when I started asking about features being removed and was told that at least one of them hadn't worked correctly for a while. 

WHS OEM, 14 drives ~8.4 TB
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:33 AM