Certification for Dotnet 3.5 or Dotnet 4.0????????? RRS feed

• Question

• I am software developer working in ASP.net for more than 3 years. I think it is the time for me to get a certification. I was wondering if it is worth it to spend money on 3.5 instead doing something in 4.0.

Currently I am studying book for 70-536 with the thoughts even if I dont take exam, reading would help me understanding bits and bytes for dotnet which we dont come across in real work so often.

Please help me deciding should I go for 3.5 MCPD or should I go for Web Developer 4.0 instead.

Thanks

Thursday, March 17, 2011 6:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would suggest going for the 4.0 exams. I would do this for 2 reasons

a) You are not running behind (once you got the 3.5 exams done you have to upgrade sooner or later ... and who knows when the next version comes out? If a new version comes every 2 years, then we can expect the enxt release in little over one year ...)

b) One certification less (the 70-536).

But of course: Everyone has to decide himself. One reason against it can be, that some self paced training kits are still missing ...

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Proposed as answer by Geoff Clark MCM Friday, March 18, 2011 11:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by musman007 Friday, March 18, 2011 1:01 PM
    Friday, March 18, 2011 11:30 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

a) You are not running behind (once you got the 3.5 exams done you have to upgrade sooner or later ... and who knows when the next version comes out? If a new version comes every 2 years, then we can expect the enxt release in little over one year ...)

But of course: Everyone has to decide himself. One reason against it can be, that some self paced training kits are still missing ...

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Proposed as answer by Geoff Clark MCM Friday, March 18, 2011 11:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by musman007 Friday, March 18, 2011 1:01 PM
    Friday, March 18, 2011 11:30 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

With kind regards,

Konrad

Thanks Konrad!!!
    Friday, March 18, 2011 1:02 PM