none
Run a Script with administrative privileges via GPO RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to run a script using the GPO Startup  option (on the PCs OU) which, as we know, uses the same privileges of a local system account.
    The batch file updates (imports settings through a separate file) a program already present on the PC client.
    After applied the GPO and restarted the PC client an error message appears asking elevated privileges for this program.

How can I solve?

Thanks

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Thursday, December 13, 2018 3:30 PM This is not third-party support forum
    Saturday, September 22, 2018 9:33 AM

All replies

• GPO "Startup" option?

For GPO issues please post in the GP forum.

\_(ツ)_/

Saturday, September 22, 2018 10:44 AM
  • GPO>Computer configuration>windows setting> scripts (startup/shutdown)

Saturday, September 22, 2018 11:26 AM
  • Oh.  GPO "Startup Script".  Just wanted to make sure.

The "System" account does not have access to everything.  Be sure the folders accessed are set to allow "LocalSystem" access.

\_(ツ)_/

Saturday, September 22, 2018 11:34 AM
  • Yes. The problem here is the admin right. How can i run a script with admin right?

Saturday, September 22, 2018 1:04 PM
  • You can't from a GPO.  The program you are trying to run is forcing this challenge.  Contact the vendor of the program.

\_(ツ)_/

• Edited by jrv Saturday, September 22, 2018 2:07 PM
    Saturday, September 22, 2018 2:06 PM
  • The script on the client machine logged as a local admin work well.

Saturday, September 22, 2018 3:05 PM
  • The script on the client machine logged as a local admin work well.

This is a bad design issue with the program you are calling.  It looks to see if the account is in the local admin group and if not it asks to log in as an admin.  The SYSTEM account is not an administrator so the program wants to run as an admin.

Contact the vendor and have them change the program to allow execution un der the SYSTEM account and you will be set.

\_(ツ)_/

Saturday, September 22, 2018 3:24 PM