none
Mp4 Stream Support on xbox 360 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

WHS PP3

I've read several posts and I've been searching for days.  I cannot seem to get movies I encode with Badaboom (.mp4) to play on my 360 through streaming. I've tried install wmp11 and streaming that way, but nothing works.  It gives and error and says it can't read the file type.  I've tried contacting their support, but have received no response. 

Has anyone had similar issues with this program?

If I tried the new Vail version would that resolve my issues?  Is there an release date for this?

edit: I forgot to mention.  If I use Media Center extender, I can then play the .mp4 files that Badaboom makes just fine.  The strange thing is I can play other .mp4 files using just media connect but not the ones it produces.

Thank you,

Fo

• Edited by FoRealz Monday, August 9, 2010 4:44 AM media center extender
    Monday, August 9, 2010 4:42 AM

All replies

• Sounds like something to do with the way Badaboom encodes the movies. When you use the Media Center Extender interface, the media center PC is doing the decoding for you, not the Xbox.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, August 9, 2010 12:15 PM
  • To successfully play all kinds of MP4 video on Xbox 360 or even show subtitle on Xbox 360, we had better convert MP4 to Xbox 360 more compatible video format like WMV or AVI. I know a good MP4 to Xbox 360 Converter as well as a step by step guide to play all kinds of MP4 files on Xbox 360 successfully.  You can type "Xbox 360 MP4 Solution" in Google to get it.

Friday, August 30, 2013 6:17 AM