none
can't edit an image on a netbook

Question

• i am on an hp mini-note and am having trouble using live writer.

i can insert an image, but i cannot edit it. i can't scroll down the pane (the one on the right) that lets you edit images. in particular, i'm having trouble reaching that bottom part of the pane that allows you to choose what will link to the image. i've tried stretching out the window, but nothing works. no scroll bar shows so i can access it. i might be able to reach it if i could somehow disable that category pane, but i can't figure out how to do that, either.

anyone have any ideas? what can i do to be able to modify my images?

thanks.
    Thursday, March 5, 2009 4:13 AM

All replies

• Sorry, this is just one of the flaws of Windows Live Writer currently.  We plan to fix the problem in our next release, even if that means adding a scroll bar.

The only tip I can give you, is that some people with notebooks can rotate their screen so it is taller then it is long, this usually allows them see the whole sidebar.  I know it sucks, I am sorry we didn't come up with a better design!
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Friday, March 6, 2009 6:21 PM
  • It's September now... Any idea when you'll finally fix this issue? I used to love WLW but it sucks on my netbook. Even putting the edit image issue aside, the rest of the interface is really netbook unfriendly. The combination of the title bar, menu bar, tabs bar, formatting bar, and the minimized properties bar all take up a TON of vertical real estate on the screen. How about shrinking things up, or giving us the ability to hide some of the bars, or add more things to sidebars that can be tabbed or auto-hide (like the sidebars in Expression Web 3), etc?

Thanks!

Sunday, September 13, 2009 2:04 AM
  • Well, the year is almost over - any idea if this gets fixed? I love WLW and I believe many Bloggers use NetBooks and I'm surprised you can't use it!
    Sunday, December 27, 2009 10:25 AM