Trojan Removal RRS feed

• Question

•  

Windows Live found a trojan by the complete name Trojan:Win32/Vundo.gen!H. It says it cant remove it so I ask all who might know how to remove this please email me at 1046687@live.com, and or joseph_woodard_666@yahoo.com . I really would like to buy this software, but when it can't remove a trojan that WindowsLiveOneCare considers low threat, but I want out, whats the damn point.
    Friday, June 6, 2008 4:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hey Joseph

Can you do the follwoing so that I can get more info

1. Open OneCare

2. Click on Change Settings

3. It will open a window "Windows LiveOne Care Settings"

4. Click on the Last tab labelled as "Logging"

5. Click on "Create support Log" button

6. It will create the support log file in form of HTML and display it in Web Browser like IE

7. Click on the "Virus and spyware Protection" link

7. It wll take you to the "Virus and spyware Protection" section where it will tell you about the viruses and the file locations of these viruses, One Care found.

8. . It will be nice if you can send me whole information in that HTML file.

9. Can you send me that information through email at montyj@microsoft.com

Please let me know if you face any problem with any of these steps.

thanks

Monty Jain[MSFT] montyj@microsoft.com

Friday, June 6, 2008 5:30 PM
  • In addition to contacting Monty per his post, if you are using Windows Live OneCare and you have been infected, but OneCare did not detect or cannot remove the malware, please contact support to report this and for help with removal.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx  for details.  For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

-steve

Saturday, June 7, 2008 12:51 AM