Merge or create a folder RRS feed

• Question

•  

A little while ago I dragged my office template folder on my stationary into the similar folder on my portable, and they merged into one Livemesh folder. However, doing the same procedure with my Favorites folder yesterday just created a new Favorites folder within in the already excising Favorites folder. Is this something that changed with the last update, or how can I decide when to merge and when to just make a new folder within an already existing folder?

Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:12 AM

Answers

• How were you dragging the folders? From where?

I've always merged folders by selecting to sync a folder and then specifying an existing folder (in your case the existing Favourites folder). Live Mesh then asks if it should merge - is that not what you are seeing?
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 3:02 PM

All replies

• This happened to me once (some time ago, before the latest update) but I was unable to reproduce it. Since then it's working fine for me.
    Stefan Krueger, Microsoft Windows Installer MVP, www.InstallSite.org
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 2:55 PM
  • How were you dragging the folders? From where?

I've always merged folders by selecting to sync a folder and then specifying an existing folder (in your case the existing Favourites folder). Live Mesh then asks if it should merge - is that not what you are seeing?
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 3:02 PM