Upgraded to New Version of Live Writer and Cannot Format Fonts

• I'm pretty frustrated right now. Not too long ago, I upgraded my Live Writer and soon discovered that when I click on Format Fonts, there are no fonts in the dialog box. None. They are there when I click on the Watermark feature. So, I cannot change my font, resize it or change the color. I contacted the help desk over a week ago and initially got a response, but it's been over a week and nothing. I even emailed again the other day and no response.

I've tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling the older version (the one I used to have) and the problem is there as well.

I've turned off Norton, in case it is blocking something and no luck

Has this happened to anyone here and is there a fix?

I'm using Windows XP if that helps.
    Saturday, June 06, 2009 6:26 PM

All replies

• This is strange, I haven't seen this before.  It makes sense that it works on the Watermark dialog and no the toolbar because the font dialog from the toolbar is from Internet Explorer, and it is possible there a problem with IE, in which it fails to show the dialog. 

Can you send your Windows Live Writer log file to us at

Help | About | Show Log File to find your log file.
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Monday, June 08, 2009 2:59 AM
  • I just sent an email to that address. I've done this once already, but hopefully the second time is the charm.

Thank you.
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 10:23 PM
  • I hope you got the information I sent. So far, I've not received any acknowledgement or update on the status of the situation.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:41 AM
  • HI, I have the same problem. In fact I think is an explorer problem since when I click on about tab on internet explorer I get the same blank window. Any ideas?

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 1:30 PM
  • Hi Jeanne, we're investigating. Sorry for the lack of acknowledgement. I think Brandon sent the issue to the IE folks and haven't heard back yet.
    Friday, June 19, 2009 9:56 PM