none
Application Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Iam trying to run an application but i keep getting this error :

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Adobe'.
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
       at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindPaths(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, String wildCard)
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindFilesOrDirectories(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards, Collection`1 Results)
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.FileSystemProxy.GetFiles(String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards)
       at C3DI.F_MainScreen.Find_Reader()
       at C3DI.F_MainScreen.F_MainScreen_Activated(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnActivated(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmActivate(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8745 (WinRel.050727-8700)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    C3DI
        Assembly Version: 2.1.0.0
        Win32 Version: 04.25.20.09
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/CORT3D/C3DI.Install/Application%20Files/C3DI_2_01_0_16/C3DI.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
        Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.8745 (WinRel.050727-8700)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8759 (QFE.050727-8700)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    Accessibility
        CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Edited by Medix92 Monday, October 9, 2017 4:15 AM
    • Moved by KareninstructorMVP Monday, October 9, 2017 12:41 PM moved from vb.net
    Monday, October 9, 2017 4:14 AM

All replies

•  Iam trying to run an application but i keep getting this error :

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Adobe'.
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
       at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindPaths(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, String wildCard)
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindFilesOrDirectories(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards, Collection`1 Results)
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.FileSystemProxy.GetFiles(String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards)
       at C3DI.F_MainScreen.Find_Reader()

The message is telling you that the folder 'C:\Program Files\Adobe' does not exist, or perhaps that it is being accessed as a file rather than a folder, or perhaps that there is some security issue that means it is not visible to the application. The error is occurring in a GetFiles method that is part of the F_MainScreen form.

Monday, October 9, 2017 4:52 AM
  • Thank you for the prompt response. What solution would you suggest in order to fix this error and run the application.

Here is the main error message that I get :

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Adobe'.

The details are the ones that I submitted in my first message.

Thank you very much for your help.

• Edited by Medix92 Monday, October 9, 2017 11:53 AM
    Monday, October 9, 2017 11:47 AM
  • Hi

Post the code! Acamar has already posted the answer to your question and there is no way anyone can helpfurther without seeing the code - especially the code that contains the line causing the exception. (where the path 'C:\Program Files\Adobe' is used)

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Monday, October 9, 2017 11:54 AM
  • Hi

I do not have any code for this application. The name of the application is Chemical Oxidation Reactive Transport in 3D and I downloaded it from this website :

https://www.serdp-estcp.org/Program-Areas/Environmental-Restoration/Contaminated-Groundwater/Persistent-Contamination/ER-200623/ER-200623

Note: If you would like to download and try it, the download link is at the bottom of the page at "Technology Practice Manual".

Again, any help would be much appreciated.

• Edited by Medix92 Monday, October 9, 2017 12:04 PM
    Monday, October 9, 2017 12:04 PM
  • Hi

I do not have any code for this application. The name of the application is Chemical Oxidation Reactive Transport in 3D and I downloaded it from this website :

https://www.serdp-estcp.org/Program-Areas/Environmental-Restoration/Contaminated-Groundwater/Persistent-Contamination/ER-200623/ER-200623

Note: If you would like to download and try it, the download link is at the bottom of the page at "Technology Practice Manual".

Again, any help would be much appreciated.

Hi

In what way does your question relate to this Forum? This forum is specifically for Visual Basic questions/discussions.

As it is a third party application, I suggest you direct questions to them -perhaps via er@noblis.org

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

• Edited by leshay Monday, October 9, 2017 12:36 PM
    Monday, October 9, 2017 12:35 PM
  • Hello,

As this pertains to a third party product where you don't have source code I'm moving your question out of this forum. Best advice is to contact the author of the product for support.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Monday, October 9, 2017 12:40 PM
  • Thank you for the prompt response. What solution would you suggest in order to fix this error and run the application.

Contact the provider of the application and ask them for the details of what configuration is required for the application to run successfully.   It appears that whoever wrote that application made certain assumptions about how your PC is configured, and did not include  a provision for a PC that may be configured differently. 

Monday, October 9, 2017 8:53 PM