OneCare not accepting my new password RRS feed

• Question

• I recently changed my password on my account, and now when I try to manage my OneCare Circle, it's asking me to log in, but it's not accepting neither my old password nor my new one.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 1:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• Is your new password longer than 8 characters? If so, change it again to be 8 characters or less. If you are still unable to log in and you are certain that the LiveID is correct (open OneCare, click Help/About to see the subscription LiveID), then please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 12:10 PM
  • How inconvenient.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 6:48 PM
  • How inconvenient.

Yes, I would agree that not being able to log in is inconvenient. Is you new password longer than 8 characters? Did you shorten it and successfully login when prompted for setting the Hub PC?
    -steve
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:06 PM
  • Yes, shortening my password did solve the problem I was having.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 9:52 PM
  • Thanks for confirming. And, yes, I now totally agree that it is inconvenient. *And* I consider it a defect in OneCare that OneCare cannot use a valid password accepted elsewhere that LiveID is used.
    -steve 
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 12:38 PM