none
File date of already synched files does not match RRS feed

• Question

• I use synctoy2.1 to synchronise jpeg files between 2 PCs or between a PC and an external HDD. The HDD is used as a transfer media to avoid long copy sessions over the slower network.

I always observe, that there is a huge list of files, which seem to be different, but the only difference was, that the file time differs by 1 hour or 1 second or several minutes. Even when I copied a big folder tree via explorer to the external HDD and checked with synctoy afterwards, there where several files with difference in the shown file date. When I synchronized again with Synctoy all files now had the same date and time.

But after a few weeks I wanted to re-sync again, because I updated files on one PC, and now I observe again, that very old files again had a little difference in file time.

Environment: 1 PC with WinXP-pro and 1 PC with Win7, all HDD formatted with NTFS

Sunday, February 6, 2011 8:56 PM

All replies

• I experience exactly the same problem as you with a Win7 desktop vs. a Synology NAS (using SMB-shares) - I can create a new folder pair and synchronize the folders once and if I try to synchronize again the computer tells me it need to synchronize additional files... I don't have any intention to use this software as long as this error persists but I have no idea how to debug the problem since I'm lacking a detailed error/action log from SyncToy.
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:56 PM