none
Downloading Full set of changes everytime RRS feed

• Question

• We use Sync Framework 2.0. Whenever we re-synchronize without any changes to the source tables, the data for last changes gets downloaded repeatedly. We have enabled batching. The stored procedure in the server gets hit with a timestamp value which seems to be correct. When we manually execute the SP with this timestamp param, there is no records retrieved. But somehow, the batch files gets downloaded.

Please help!

Monday, September 6, 2010 6:31 AM

All replies

• can you check the ApplyChangesFailed event if there's anything that's being raised there?
    Monday, September 6, 2010 2:12 PM
  • I have the same problem

1. I manually copied the data from db1 to db2 - making sure the data is in sync before provisioning

2. I've just provisioned the 2 databases, all sync-info-rows has been created for all the records

3. I'm using batches of 20MB a piece - currently 2.6 GB of them has been downloaded...

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 10:54 AM
  • Hi Montago,

are you not seeing conflicts being raised in your scenario?

since both databases already contained the same copy of data, i would assume provisioning them separately would populate their sync knowledge independently and when you synchronize, you'll get conflict errors because Sync Fx will try to apply all rows from the other DB to the other DB and a conflict will be raised because the rows already exists.

JuneT

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 12:06 AM
  • Hi JuneT

I didn't detect the conflicts because i had to run the sync a.s.a.p.

but i did get a result in the end, 4.3 mio records was uploaded to the client - and syncing later on, will only transfer changes.

so i guess my heavy sync, was a one time only... 

I suspect that it all depends on my provisioning settings... 

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 7:53 AM
  • if your two databases were identical prior to provisioning (if the 4.3m is your initial row count on each db) and it's showing a 4.3 mil upload, i suspect there were conflicts and that would have contributed to the performance degradation on the first sync as Sync Fx tries to insert each of the 4.3m rows and it's going to fail because they already exists.
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 8:30 AM
  • i think you are right

the reason why all records were uploaded is because i provisioned the database with the option of creating all the change-records... 

SyncFX therefore think that all rows has to be uploaded

like i said, all syncs afterwards only contain changes. 

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 8:40 AM