UNIQUE XP ACTIVATION ISSUE RRS feed

• Question

• Here's my unique situation.

I have a perfectly legal XP home edition with SP1.  I bought it a few years ago for a PC I no longer use.

I now have an imac (no comments please) with OS Leopard whose BootCamp feature allows me to partition the hard drive and install a legal XP or Vista on the new partition.

Their instructions specifically say I HAVE to go through the process with a SP2 disk.  Is says DO NOT use one with SP1 and expect to download SP2 after installation.  So I borrowed XP disk with SP2 from a neighbor and installed it.

So I slowly and carefully went through the installation process and all went well.  But now I have 30 days before "they" take it away.  I called the Activation phone number and gave them 108-digit code but the agent said no way.  I tried to explain the situation but to no avail.

What are my options as an old man and a non tech-type?     Thanks.  -Dave

Saturday, March 15, 2008 4:26 PM

Answers

• Dave,

Running the MGA diagnostic tool can repair possible problems which may have arisen as well as it provides us with a diagnostic results so we may analyze what the problems are you may have. This is very important for the team so we may know where to start with your situation. 

Stephen Holm

WGA Forum Volunteer

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 1:51 AM

All replies

• Saturday, March 15, 2008 7:32 PM
  • OK I will but I wonder how that could help in this particular case. 
    Saturday, March 15, 2008 8:14 PM
  • Dave,

Running the MGA diagnostic tool can repair possible problems which may have arisen as well as it provides us with a diagnostic results so we may analyze what the problems are you may have. This is very important for the team so we may know where to start with your situation. 

Stephen Holm

WGA Forum Volunteer

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 1:51 AM