What is the best way to market consumer Windows Desktop apps online? RRS feed

• Question

• I made a research and feels like there is no reliable way to market desktop apps. I also want to know where it is possible to earn more money - selling UWP apps through Windows Store or another way selling Windows Desktop apps. I make WPF apps.

I found 3 ways and neither looks good:

1. Online eDownloaders.

2. Affiliates.

3. Digital marketplace.

• Edited by Ziya Ceferov Sunday, December 18, 2016 5:12 PM
    • Moved by Hart Wang Tuesday, January 3, 2017 6:11 AM
    Sunday, December 18, 2016 5:10 PM

Answers

• The way I look at this selling UWP apps is the easiest because the files are hosted for you, payment will be taken for you, and your apps can be found.    Hosting the apps yourself and selling them is an option but you have to pay for hosting and security for your online store is up to you.  

Of course with both options you should advertise to make sure people know about your apps.

• Marked as answer by Ziya Ceferov Monday, January 9, 2017 4:23 PM
    Sunday, December 18, 2016 5:41 PM

All replies

• The way I look at this selling UWP apps is the easiest because the files are hosted for you, payment will be taken for you, and your apps can be found.    Hosting the apps yourself and selling them is an option but you have to pay for hosting and security for your online store is up to you.  

Of course with both options you should advertise to make sure people know about your apps.

• Marked as answer by Ziya Ceferov Monday, January 9, 2017 4:23 PM
    Sunday, December 18, 2016 5:41 PM
  • Hi Ziya Ceferov,

Thank you for posting here.

Since your issue is not related to application compatibility testing, common compatibility issues, and best practices for creating Windows-based applications.

If your issue has been resolved, please remember to mark useful posts as answer.

According to MSDN policy. I will move the case to off-topic forum.

Best Regards,

Hart

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 19, 2016 3:20 AM