Internet connection must be active to save backup configuration? RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I had occasion to configure a new backup plan on a new backup device.  Sometimes I have problems with my DSL connection.  OneCare reported that it could not save my new backup configuration because it didn't have access to the internet.  My question: Why does OneCare need access to the interet to save my backup configuration?

Thanks
    Friday, October 2, 2009 1:38 PM

Answers

• The backup profile is saved on the servers due to the implementation of Centralized Backup in OneCare.
    Even if you are not using Centralized Backup, it still needs to update the plan on the server. I know, stupid...
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Friday, October 2, 2009 2:07 PM

All replies

• The backup profile is saved on the servers due to the implementation of Centralized Backup in OneCare.
    Even if you are not using Centralized Backup, it still needs to update the plan on the server. I know, stupid...
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Friday, October 2, 2009 2:07 PM
  • Thanks, Steve.  Just curious.

I miss my smileys.

Balt
    Friday, October 2, 2009 4:52 PM
  • Hi, Balt. I miss them, too. :-)
    -steve
    Friday, October 2, 2009 6:39 PM