How can I get the result in "Computer Science"? RRS feed

• Question

• On the Microsoft Academic Search website, I can restrict my return result in a subject (for example, Computer Secience). However, in Microsoft Academic Search API can only restrict the result in a certain domain or subdomain(for exmaple, Data Mining). What I want to know now anxiously is "How can I restrict the returned result in a certain subject(for example, Computer Secience)?"

I'd appreciate that if there's anyone can give me some hints.

Sunday, May 19, 2013 1:05 PM

All replies

• You may follow the below steps:

1. Right side of the search box, the dropdown “Field of Study” select computer science.
    2. Search using the keyword.
    3. When the result appears, there will be a notification in yellow at the top saying “another search result you can click to see”. Click on it to get the result.  

-Regards

• Proposed as answer by Kalnemi Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:29 AM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:28 AM
  • Thank you very much for your reply. However, what I am concerning at is "How can I restrict the returned result in a certain subject(for example, Computer Secience), using the Microsoft Academic Search API not the website search box?"
    Monday, May 27, 2013 8:26 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the misconception.

Using the MAS API you can specify the DomainID for the computer science and SubDomainID.

The other method of doing this could be putting ResultObjects = ObjectType.Domain, but this is not supported yet for ObjectType domain. ObjectType is supported for other objects which are publication, author, conference, journal, organization, keyword.

You may also use this Microsoft Academic Search API User Manual.pdf for more info on this.

Let me know if this helps you.

-Regards

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:59 AM
  • Thank you for your rely. Where can I know the DomainID of a domain?
    Tuesday, June 4, 2013 10:20 AM