How to return a site to search index? RRS feed

• Question

• My site history-aztec.com was removed from index of live.com more than year ago, in January or February 2007. So, I tied to investigate why it was removed, I submitted a question to Live Search Technical Support (message ID is SRX1057274998ID), and the last answer was: "We do not have an exact date for fixing this issue, but our plan is to have it resolved near the end of spring. " by James, from Microsoft Global Escalations.

Now it's September, and my site is still out of search index of live.com: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=site%3Ahistory-aztec.com&go=&form=QBLH

Please help to return it back to the search index.
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Your site is showing as blocked.  Please review our Guidelines for successful indexing to ensure that you are not doing anything that would get your site blocked in the future.

In the webmaster tools there is a link to submit your site for reinclusion if it is blocked or if you suspect that your website was incorrectly identified as spam, please do the following:

1. Open the Live Search Site Owner support form.
    2. In the boxes provided, type your name and e-mail address.
    3. In the What type of problem do you have? list, select Other.
    4. In the box provided, describe the issue, including the following information:
      • The search words that you use
      • The URL
      • Request re-inclusion

Friday, September 12, 2008 6:39 PM

All replies

• Can you tell us what the issue that needed fixing was?

Thanks...Duane

Thursday, September 11, 2008 11:52 AM
  • Ok, I quote this message:

Thank you for writing to Live Search technical support.  I understand that you are writing to us because your site isn't in the index. We understand that it is very important to you to have this issue resolved; we apologize for the inconvenience and any ramifications that this issue has caused to your site traffic.  Thank you for contacting us so we can have a chance to explain the situation and try to remedy it.

The Live Search team is in the process of modifying the algorithms we use to determine which sites are indexed by Live Search index and which sites receive a ranking so our crawlers will visit the site.  At the end of September we launched new ranking and indexing algorithms that were stricter than we anticipated, and we are now changing them to bring back many sites that were removed from our index or given a lower rank.  We apologize that it is taking so long to remedy this situation, and we are treating it very seriously.  Having high quality content is important to us and we want to make sure we get this right.

We do not have an exact date for fixing this issue, but our plan is to have it resolved near the end of spring.  This is our number one priority and we have put all our resources into solving it and bringing a better balance to our indexing so it won't happen again.  We appreciate your patience while we resolve this issue, and hope you understand that at this time there is nothing we can do to modify or improve your site's index or ranking.

Best regards,
    James
    Microsoft Global Escalations

Thursday, September 11, 2008 5:50 PM
  • Hi,

Your site is showing as blocked.  Please review our Guidelines for successful indexing to ensure that you are not doing anything that would get your site blocked in the future.

In the webmaster tools there is a link to submit your site for reinclusion if it is blocked or if you suspect that your website was incorrectly identified as spam, please do the following:

1. Open the Live Search Site Owner support form.
    2. In the boxes provided, type your name and e-mail address.
    3. In the What type of problem do you have? list, select Other.
    4. In the box provided, describe the issue, including the following information:
      • The search words that you use
      • The URL
      • Request re-inclusion

Friday, September 12, 2008 6:39 PM
  • Brett, thank you for you reply. It looks like that it was incorrectly identified as spam, because my site isn't blocked in Webmaster Tools:
    (see the screen shot)
    I'll request a re-inclusion.
    Saturday, September 13, 2008 6:06 PM
  • I just want to say thanks to Brett Yount. My site is indexing now, and a main page is already in index.
    Live Search Site Owner support has reviewed my site, and contacted SPAM team. And 2 weeks later my site appeared in search index
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 6:43 AM