Problem configuring CRM outlook offline client on Windows 7 Starter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have windows 7 starter, I installed the offline CRM client, however, when I try to configure it, it doesn't work. My windows 7 starter cannot belong to the domain for being windows 7 starter.

I can login to the CRM from the computer using the web browser.

Is this possible or is there any workaround?

Thanks in advance!

Paola Linares

Thursday, April 29, 2010 11:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Paola, you might be able to install and run the offline client on Windows 7 Starter if your CRM system is deployed using the Internet Facing Deployment. Otherwise, CRM will rely on Integrated Windows Authentication, which isn't available in Windows 7 Starter because it can't join a domain.

Windows 7 Starter is designed for netbooks, which generally won't be able to support the full Office experience, run SQL Server Express or have sufficient memory to make any of this software any use. I suggest you upgrade to a business edition of Windows.

Regards, Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter, and you're welcome to sign up to Customery, an online community for UK-based Dynamics CRM people.

Friday, April 30, 2010 10:14 AM

All replies

• well, it's the offline access client, so I could access the information when I'm not online. thanks :)
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 11:48 PM
  • Hi Paola, you might be able to install and run the offline client on Windows 7 Starter if your CRM system is deployed using the Internet Facing Deployment. Otherwise, CRM will rely on Integrated Windows Authentication, which isn't available in Windows 7 Starter because it can't join a domain.

Windows 7 Starter is designed for netbooks, which generally won't be able to support the full Office experience, run SQL Server Express or have sufficient memory to make any of this software any use. I suggest you upgrade to a business edition of Windows.

Regards, Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter, and you're welcome to sign up to Customery, an online community for UK-based Dynamics CRM people.

Friday, April 30, 2010 10:14 AM
  • thanks a lot! I definitelly think I will!!
    Friday, April 30, 2010 7:36 PM