Backup & Restore Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I can't do a backup on the Hub PC ( I have 3 Computers in the One Care Circle) and I can't do a backup on them, it says

I need to be loged on as administrator. When I click on Backup or Restore Links. It also says that Backup is turned off on the Hub PC. How do I turn it on, and how do I Log on as administrator?

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 6:13 AM

Answers

• This typically means that the Windows login ID - the user name you log into Windows with - on the hub PC is a limited user account and does not have administrator rights. On the hub PC, the account needs to be an administrator in order to manage Centralized backup. If you go to Control Panel/Users on the hub PC and select properties for your Windows User ID that you are logged in with, what does it show? If it is a limited account, log out, log in with an admin account and change the account you normally use on that PC to be an administrator.

You may also need to reconfigure backup on the hub PC if it is off.

If this isn't the problem, and the user account is an admin, then please contact support for help.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 2:47 PM

All replies

• This typically means that the Windows login ID - the user name you log into Windows with - on the hub PC is a limited user account and does not have administrator rights. On the hub PC, the account needs to be an administrator in order to manage Centralized backup. If you go to Control Panel/Users on the hub PC and select properties for your Windows User ID that you are logged in with, what does it show? If it is a limited account, log out, log in with an admin account and change the account you normally use on that PC to be an administrator.

You may also need to reconfigure backup on the hub PC if it is off.

If this isn't the problem, and the user account is an admin, then please contact support for help.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 2:47 PM
  • Thank You very much for your answer it was very helpful.

I found out that I had the auto-logon selected and it was logging me on as a User instead of an Administrator automatically. When I Disengaged the auto-logon and showed the login screen it showed that I had 2 accounts, 0ne for administrator and one for user. Before there was only 1 the user. I guess when I installed Live One Care, It must of created an administrator account on my computer, I guess I only had an user account instead of an administrator account. So when I logged on as administrator. it work OK.

Thank's very much for the help,

Steve

Saturday, October 18, 2008 6:32 PM