Displaying Text entered in the TextBox to the Selected Language from DropDownList RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi All,

Requiremnet : I have a DropDownList, where user can select any language ,and there is a textbox ,where user enters some text. after entering text in the textbox it should be converted into the user selected language from DropDownList.

I am able to display the Date or time in selected language...where i'm loading binding all languages to DroopDownList at runtime..
    By these namespaces

CodeBehind:

using System.Globalization ;
        using System.Threading;

public partial class GlobalizationLang : System.Web.UI.Page

{

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

//loading ddl with languages

ddlLanguages.Items.Clear();

foreach (CultureInfo c in CultureInfo.GetCultures(CultureTypes.AllCultures))

{

if((c.Name.IndexOf("-")!=-1)&&(c.Name.Contains("-IN")))

{

ddlLanguages.Items.Add(c.Name);

}

} 

}

protected void ddlLanguages_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new CultureInfo(ddlLanguages.SelectedItem.Text);

txtConverttoLang.Text = DateTime.Now.ToShortDateString();

// txtConverttoLang.Text = "Chinna Nimmala";      //not able to convert text..

Response.Write("<h1>"+txtConverttoLang.Text +"<h1>");

}

}

Actual Requirement: I need to Display few selected Languages to DropDownList like Engilsh,Hindhi,French,Telugu... and i have to convert the Textbox entered text into selected language from DDL.

Thanks in advance for the reply...

• Moved by nobugz Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:45 PM Not a BCL question, post to forums.asp.net
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 3:35 PM

Answers