CRM 2011 Custom Report showing wrong currency symbol RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a report using the CRM 2011 Report Wizard.
    It shows a comparisson between two Money attributes and it is working perfect.
    The problem is that it is showing a wrong currency symbol and we are not even using that currency. It is using € instead of $, the values are fine but the symbol is wrong, i don´t know where is that symbol comming from because we have never used before.

Regards,
    Sebastian.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 2:02 PM

Answers

• If it's only happening on the local machine then and the report is fine on other machines, then go into that machine and address character sets.  I've not had to dig into the character set in a local machine for a while but I have seen "the amazing" happen.   Often I don't waste time on how it happened but in this case, look for a language pack or look at the character set of the machine.  On the client machine , where are you seeing the option to use the  €, symbol.

Curtis J Spanburgh
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 1:13 PM

All replies

• Is this CRM 2011 online?

Curtis J Spanburgh
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:24 PM
  • No, it is an OnPremise installation.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:40 PM
  • So what symbol is showing in the Currencies app of the Business managment area?

I would be checking local chars on the client machine as well.

I've hit problems with language packs like that.

Curtis J Spanburgh
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:43 PM
  • Hi, 

We have never used €, we have used $ from the beginning, and that currency has never been configured.

I have found that in the local machine there is an option to use € but is not selected, every client machine is using $ as a currency symbol.

Anyways, do you think CRM is taking € instead of $ because of the client machine language pack? How can I force the report to take the correct currency symbol?

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 12:59 PM
  • If it's only happening on the local machine then and the report is fine on other machines, then go into that machine and address character sets.  I've not had to dig into the character set in a local machine for a while but I have seen "the amazing" happen.   Often I don't waste time on how it happened but in this case, look for a language pack or look at the character set of the machine.  On the client machine , where are you seeing the option to use the  €, symbol.

Curtis J Spanburgh
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 1:13 PM
  • In addition to what Curt suggested, check the CRM options of the user and ensure the user's default currency option is set to US.

Regards, Donna

Friday, August 5, 2011 11:59 AM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem. The only existing currency in the system is SEK, and all opportunities are registered with SEK. But when I run a created report, the sum of each currency column is presented in $.

I don't understand where the $ comes from...

Regards,

David

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:53 PM
  • Forget this question. We found a solution for this problem - just change the system settings in Dynamics CRM.
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:59 PM
  • Hi Davidian,

Could you please mention what exact change is worked for you ...

I am facing same issue,

In our case base currency is euro and one more currency in currencies entity is Pounds sterling

and in campaign entity values are stored with pounds sterling,  And report is showing euro currency.

Thanks in Advance,

Abhijeet

abhijeet kk

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:09 PM