Releasing of the images by the WIA process for scanning RRS feed

• Question

• In my application while using the WIA for awaking the scanner which saves the images in the .jpg format. After saving of images i am using the images in converting them into pdf file; while the conversion process completes i am trying to delete the images by File.Delete(path); but the images are still using by the scanning process. Is there any method by which images can be deleted & memory is cleared.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 4:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• Seems like you'd want to close the process that's doing the scanning.

I'd post n the appropriate Visual Studio Forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:09 PM
  • Thanks for answering Karl,

Scenario is that process of scanning is continuously engaged with the image even after image is saved. So, copy can happen, but move or delete can't be processed on image. As in my application there is limitation for memory also so, I want to wash all images. I had seen your method also; and also seen Process.Kill() but in that my application exits completely and I have to start it again.

Is there any other method by which scanning process release the images after saving, so that other operations can be performed those images.   

Thursday, September 20, 2012 10:11 AM
  • Hello;

Once again, I'd ask in the appropriate forum as suggested above...

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:40 PM