none
Synchronization with remote system

Question

• Hi all,

I'm currently planning to use SyncToy to synchronize a central datacenter and some remote systems. These remote systems are not connected all day long and they are connected via a bad network line. Systems are located on boats that are not connected all the time.

So my plan is to use SyncToy (or Sync Framework and a custom developpement) to synchronize files :

- Some files are created / modified / deleted in the central datacenter and must be replicated to the different boats

- Some files are created / modified / deleted directly inside the boat (during an offline session of the boat for example) and must be replicated in the datacenter.

I don't have scenarios where the same file can be modified in two boats at the same time because files are specific to each boat, so I don't have to work around this kind of trouble.

But I need to have a system that is able to replicate files that are modified / deleted / created offline, and a system I can schedule (I just read an article about scheduling SyncToy).

Thanks.

David GROSPELIER ReachSOA - Architect and co-founder dgr@reachsoa.com http://www.reachsoa.com

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:57 PM