Access through Console WHS very slowly !!! RRS feed

• Question

• Why logon & acces to WHS with Console, always take some cases 2,3,4 or 5-10 minuts to logon on WHS ?

And some cases, open a nice blue WIndows without any icon, WHS seems hang, only solution is rebot with pushing rear button.

Use Console Access software any cypher strong comunication betwen PC and WHS ???

Thks for any help.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 8:05 PM

Answers

• CharlyxSP said:

Hi Colin,

Yes, My system has only 480MB of ram

I connet to WHS via remote desktop and see with tool administrate of windows, that only remain free ram 140MB !!!.

I will like upgrade ram to 2GB.

But type of memory need my model ?

I have a HP MediaSamrt Server, model have 4 slot for HD, but is sold only one disk of 500GB)

Do you think can I open WHS and access to main board easy for to install more ram ?

I need break any thing of warranty for to open this model ?

There is a tutorial on how to upgrade the RAM in the HP MSS (which can be found here).  And yes, it will definitely void your warranty if you do it at this point.  However, it looks like HP may be re-considering that (story can be read here) so you may want to consider waiting for the time being.
    Sunday, September 21, 2008 1:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It sounds as though you are using a HP Server?

If so, did you install the two latest downloads from HP, by Mcafee and Connect. If you did, could you try disabling those two Add-Ins to see if it improves your server performance.

Colin 

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 8:12 PM
  • Hi Colin,

Yes, I use HP Server, why ?

HW of HP server (WHS) is slow, bad or has any limitation you know, memory CPU, BUS ?

Yes, I donwloaded today latest updates available.about all, i.e. now I try connect again to WHS with Console and spend only a 1 minut, but some times, 2,3,4, or infinite.

But before updates connect to WHS was tediuos

I bought this HP server thinking had a god features, but unfortunately each day, I'm discover this HW for WHS is poor about perfomance.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 8:24 PM
  • I own the HP server and kept "PV Connect" discarding McAfee.  I have no problems with the HP server at all.
    HBV
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 10:54 PM
  • CharlyxSP,

No, it's not the server hardware as such, it's just that the two latest HP downloads use so much of your systems facilities that it slows to a crawl.
    I think the majority of people have disabled both of those downloads because of that.
    Also, if you haven't already done so, and you are willing to invalidate your warranty, it really is worthwhile increasing your system RAM to 2GB. It makes the system far more responsive.

Colin
    If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 3:31 PM
  •  Hi Colin,

I connet to WHS via remote desktop and see with tool administrate of windows, that only remain free ram 140MB !!!.

I have a HP MediaSamrt Server, model have 4 slot for HD, but is sold only one disk of 500GB)

Do you think can I open WHS and access to main board easy for to install more ram ?

Sunday, September 21, 2008 11:03 AM
  • CharlyxSP said:

Hi Colin,

There is a tutorial on how to upgrade the RAM in the HP MSS (which can be found here).  And yes, it will definitely void your warranty if you do it at this point.  However, it looks like HP may be re-considering that (story can be read here) so you may want to consider waiting for the time being.
    Sunday, September 21, 2008 1:32 PM