CRM 2013 - Change Deployment Manager URL's during install or alternative ways. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am doing an automated silent install of CRM 2013, via powershell. All the components get installed via a continuous delivery platform, think something like puppet for windows built off C# and PS. Anyway, the four URLS in the CRM deployment manager; Web Application Server, Organization Web Service, Discovery Web Service, Deployment Web Service need to be set for my other automatic deployment. When we clean and server and redeploy CRM using an exsiting database, the URL's reset and the rest of the deployment fail because of these. I am also having trouble using the Get/Set-CRMSetting cmdlet, when i use it it says that the cmdlet times out, or it says its not a trusted SSL/TLL connection and refuses it. However if i manually change the URL's to correct and to HTTPS it works and displays the Get-CRMSettings cmdlet. 

So my question is where are these values store in CRM? Can i have REG values for these unique URLs? How can i circumvent cmdlet issues? Is there a way to set these during the initial install of CRM Server?

Thanks,

A Depressed CRM User

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 1:57 AM

All replies

• Those are all database held values.  There isn't a way that I know of to set them during install you would need to change them after install like you did. Only way I can think of to make them use a specific set would be if instead of doing a new install you were doing a connect to existing deployment install where it just connects the install to an existing MSCRM_Config database.
    Thursday, August 13, 2015 2:00 PM