NetBT error makes my WHS reboot RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Today my Windows Home Server keep rebooting so i went to see the event viewer and i saw alot of the same error

This a translation made by myself of the error on  my French version WHS

"Initiation failed because the transport refused to open the initial adress"

Any idea ?

Thursday, March 17, 2011 8:21 PM

All replies

• Please provide some more details:

1. Is the server rebooting regularly (like every hour or two hours)?

2. Inspect event vieuwer for errors immediately before reboot. Errors shortly after reboot will in most cases not be of importance for this problem

3. provide detailed error information (EventID, Source, als please provide full message in original language)

Henk Panneman - http://www.homeserverweb.nl
    Friday, March 18, 2011 4:10 PM
  • I would not say it reboot regularly.

Some days it reboot every few minute until i get sick and close the computer.

Some days its each hour, the frequency change.

I made a screenshot that i hope will help

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sunday, March 20, 2011 1:42 PM
  • NetBT error is not relevant, occurs after reboot. Important is the eventlog error (EventID 6008, unexpected shutdown)

Most likely this is hardware issue. Please check all (internal and external) connections and cables. If connections and cables are OK most likely culprit is failing PSU (power supply) or under powered PSU. If you have UPS this could also be the cause of this type of problem.

Henk Panneman - http://www.homeserverweb.nl
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:30 PM
  • If you look closely the error highlight as an EventID 4307 witch cause the EventID 6008

I did a google search and they told me to disable and then reunable the network connection i'll see if it work

This is a Compaq Presario V5210CA laptop btw.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 5:19 PM