Remote desktop error code 000001f8, 10 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I tried connecting from home to work and it worked fine.  I tried from work to home and got this error code.  I retried a couple times.

At work there is a MS Firewall Client for ISA Server installed and running.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Greg

Monday, June 14, 2010 4:04 PM

All replies

• I am also getting the same error. I was able to connect yesterday morning from Work to Work However in the evening it started giving me problem while connecting from Work to work and then Home to work also.
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 5:53 PM
  •  

Sorry for the delayed reply - I've been away the past 2 weeks. Are you still encountering this problem?
    -steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 12:58 PM
  • I am currently getting the same issue when connecting from work to home. I connected from home to work last night with no issues.

What specifically does this error code mean?

Thanks,

Brian

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 4:59 PM
  • Unfortunately, I have no clue what the error means, Brian.

Have you ever connected from work to home successfully before?

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:16 PM
  • Absolutely. I've been using LiveMesh without issue since I heard about it in march. Brian
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 11:08 PM
  • Since it worked before, and it works in one direction for you now, I suspect that it is also a server/account issue.

And, unfortunately, I doubt that it will be addressed as the problem really ramped up as the back end went through changes in prep for Wave 4 which has recently been released to beta.
    When Wave 4 of Windows Live Final is released, the existing Live Mesh infrastructure will likely be retired sometime thereafter, though nothing has been announced yet, nor do we know when Wave 4 will be released.
    See: 
    http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_live/b/windowslive/archive/2010/06/10/coming-soon-windows-live-sync-beta.aspx
    -steve

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 12:07 PM
  • I restarted LiveMesh at home and it all works again.

I suspect it has to do with VPN. I believe my repro steps are:

At Home

1) Connect to work via VPN

2) Start LiveMesh

At Work

1) Connect to home via LiveMesh

2) Disconnect home machine from VPN

I immediately get dropped and reconnecting never works again. If I were to take a wild guess, LiveMesh was bound to the VPN interface and when the VPN interface went away LiveMesh never rebound itself.

Brian

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 1:42 PM
  • Thanks for the update, Brian. I suspect that you may well be correct.

-steve

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 3:00 PM
  • Hi

I've not been able to connect work to work and home to work.Getting the same error.

This is happening since last 3 weeks.Any idea if some problem is going on.

Thanks

Gary

Friday, July 30, 2010 11:39 AM